Dig it good people. Chuck the Atheist is here for you. Ask any question about religion, history, anthropology, biological evolution. Most of the time I know not what I say, but you'll never know the difference unless you read-critically.

Friday, April 9, 2010

On my way to Spain

Chuck the Atheist is taking it on the road tomorrow. I'm going to Spain on biz. I'll have a day to sightsee, and apparently am going to visit a monastery. You heard it right...Chuck the Atheist is going to hang out in the cloister. Fear not, I'm going just to dig the cool scenery. No one get's inside Chuck the Atheist's head, but the scientific literature. I'm going to Barcelona. I was there last April and visited La Sangrata Familia, which is a 19th Cent. cathedral designed by Antonio Gaudi. It was pretty cool. Parts of it looked like melting ice cream, or like maybe it was designed by someone from Ape City (Planet of the Apes ref.). Wierd thing, though, is that it still isn't finished. They've been building it for over a 100 years. That's crazy.

This time I'll be at Montserrat a 12th Cent. monastery. Just a little part of it is that old, apparently. It's been built up over the years, and has some quite modern sections. The monastery is on the side of a mountain. If I can figure out how to work my new camera, I'll post some pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment